Join our team
Do you want to work for a health care organization that values YOU?
- One that allows you to make one-on-one connections with patients and families for whom you care?
- One that values your health, your well-being, your wellness and offers a schedule that meets your needs?
- One that makes you part of a strong, cohesive team and gives you the ability to collaborate often with your colleagues?
Then you want to work at Hospice of the Panhandle! Consider applying below:
We want you to join our compassionate, caring team and make a difference every day!
Inside each posting you can download an application, complete it, then e-mail it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also post openings on Indeed.com and you can also apply there.
Available positions at Hospice of the Panhandle:
Hospice of the Panhandle maintains the highest quality of care for patients and families by requiring all staff to carefully follow its vision statement and philosophy of care. Both were set forth to ensure that patients and families experience hospice care in a positive manner while under the care of Hospice of the Panhandle.
Hospice of the Panhandle will:
- be a leader and innovator in end-of-life and palliative care.
- provide excellent end-of-life and palliative care to all those in need.
Philosophy of Care
Hospice is palliative care for persons in the terminal phase of illness. It neither hastens nor postpones death, but affirms life, emphasizing quality, not length.
Hospice affirms the innate value of human life, the potential for self-growth during and after times of crisis, and recognizes the right of each human being to freedom of choice.
Hospice endeavors to allow patients to live with dignity, alert and pain-free, while involving families and loved ones in giving care. An essential goal is to provide an environment where patients and families have the opportunity for mental and spiritual preparation for death.
Hospice of the Panhandle embraces the team approach to the provision of care and recognizes the patient and family to be the focus of care.
Hospice care encompasses support of the bereaved, recognizing the process of mourning a loss as an important facet of human growth.
Hospice of the Panhandle admits patients and provides care without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, national origin, legal status, age, disability and sex, including discrimination based on pregnancy, gender identity and sex stereotyping, sex, creed, sexual orientation, legal status or age. No otherwise qualified handicapped individual with disability shall solely by reason of his handicap disability be denied the benefits of hospice services. All individuals will be, upon request, considered for admission to the Hospice service. Hospice of the Panhandle will also take reasonable steps to provide meaningful access and effective communication to each individual with limited English proficiency and/or disability who is eligible to be served.
Hospice staff and volunteers deliver care in a non-judgmental manner with the highest degree of respect, courtesy, and professional ethics.
Standards of Behavior
Hospice of the Panhandle strives to maintain a pleasant, productive and safe work environment for all staff. To do so, all employees are expected to follow the organization’s standards of behavior at all times during work hours or while attending Hospice sponsored functions.
- I take responsibility for my actions.
- I am familiar with and I follow HOTP policies and procedures.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out or I’ll find someone who does.
II. COMMUNICATION & TRUST
- I maintain confidentiality regarding patient and organizational information, and respect patients’ privacy at all times.
- I speak directly to others about issues or concerns that I may have.
- I avoid gossip and negativity and respect my coworkers’ privacy.
- I ask patients and families, "Is there anything else I can do for you?”
III. ATTITUDE & APPEARANCE
- I talk about my co-workers in a positive light, explaining their many talents.
- I am flexible, open to change and seek ways to constantly improve.
- I follow the dress code, representing Hospice at all times in a neat and professional manner.
- I communicate in an open, appropriate and timely manner.
- I offer assistance when others are having difficulties or need help.
- I am supportive, not critical or judgmental.
- I value and rely on the expertise of all team members.
V. SENSE OF OWNERSHIP
- I am a dependable and reliable employee.
- I maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- I initiate resolution when I recognize that something needs to be done.
VI. PROFESSIONAL COURTESY
- I respect and honor patients’/families’ and co-workers’ beliefs, cultures and values.
- I answer the phone politely and professionally.
- I am approachable and welcome everyone in a friendly manner.
- I do not allow my cell phone to become intrusive or disruptive.