UPDATES TO THE VISITORS' POLICY AT THE HOSPICE OF THE PANHANDLE INPATIENT FACILITY (Updated June 11, 2020)
The COVID-19 pandemic has been difficult as many have been separated from their loved ones for an extended period of time. We know that you are eager to visit your loved one but please abide by the following rules. These rules are in place to protect you and your loved one, as well as, our other patients, their families and our staff.
What you need to know about visiting your loved one at the inpatient facility:
- Visiting hours are 10 a.m. - noon and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. These hours do not apply to compassionate care visitors.
- Compassionate care visitors may visit at any time and there is no limit on how long they may stay. Please call the inpatient facility at (304) 264-0407 to determine if your loved one meets the guidelines for compassionate care visits.
- Visitors will be limited to 2 visitors at the same time and no more than 4 visitors per day.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken and be screened when entering the facility. For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, visitors who answer yes to any of the below questions will not be permitted to visit. The screening questions are:
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you recently lost your sense of taste or smell?
- Have had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- You must wear a mask at all times when you are not in a patient’s room.
- Visitors may not congregate in common areas (reception area, family kitchen or living rooms, sitting areas, covered porches or hallways). More than 2 visitors for the same patient must coordinate visits so that no one is waiting in the facility.
- When in common areas of the facility, please practice social distancing and keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other visitors or our staff.
- These rules also apply to visits made on one of our covered porches. Visits on our covered porches can be arranged with at least 2 hours of advance notice. This gives our staff time to prepare your loved one for your visit.
Please help us to protect our patients, their loved ones and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you should have any questions or need more information, please speak with your loved one’s hospice team or call (304) 264-0406.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Living more fully in our circle of support
What if you discovered hospice care is more about living on rather than dying? Surrounded by the expert, compassionate care from Hospice of the Panhandle, you or your loved one can experience life’s final months more fully - with personalized support that helps you live on your terms, wherever you call home. The sooner you enter our circle of support, the more we can do to help.