There are many different volunteer opportunities available depending on your interest and availability. Do you have a unique skill or talent that might be useful to hospice patients and families? Let us know and we'll see how we can work together!
All volunteer positions require 14 hours of volunteer training.
Patient support volunteers
- Help hospice patients and their families by making friendly visits and respite visits,
- Provide transportation for a patient and
- Provide 11th-hour comfort.
- Patient support volunteers do not provide any personal care to patients.
- Provide support for hospice staff in one of our offices or inpatient facility.
- May assist with filing, data entry, making phone calls, putting together packets, etc.
We Honor Veterans volunteers
- Military veterans who reach out to hospice patients who are also veterans.
- They may visit with veteran patients,
- Recognize veteran patients for their service and
- Perform honor ceremonies at the inpatient facility.
- Help patients and families by creating lasting memories with them,
- Might sew stuffed bears or make other crafts out of patients' clothing or other items,
- May help a patient write letters to their loved ones, and
- May assist with video or audio recording of patients talking to their loved ones.
- We're always looking for new ideas, talents and opportunities to offer to patients and families.
Fundraising and public events volunteers
- Help with fundraisers to benefit Hospice of the Panhandle and
- Represent Hospice of the Panhandle at other public events such as health fairs and charity fairs.
Professional services volunteers
- Individuals who are licensed or certified to offer a service such as hair cuts, massage therapy, pet therapy and more.
- Must be currently licensed or certified in the state of WV.