Working with you to best support your patients
Panhandle Palliative Services is a consultative service for patients with serious cardiac or pulmonary disease who live in Berkeley or Jefferson County in West Virginia. Patients may still be seeking aggressive care and the program is not time-limited.
When you refer your patient to Panhandle Palliative Services, you can expect the Palliative team to communicate and coordinate with you regarding your patient’s care every step of the way. With your consent, the palliative nurse practitioner may prescribe and manage palliative-related medications.
The program will focus on
- goal clarification,
- advanced directive planning,
- symptom management,
- resource finding,
- emergency planning and
- a holistic approach to quality of life.
Panhandle Palliative Services provides your patient with:
- In-home visits or consultative phone calls from a nurse practitioner and/or social worker (if needed),
- Symptom management,
- 24/7 phone support for urgent needs or questions and
- Connection to community resources.
To refer your patient, call Panhandle Palliative Services at (304) 264-0406.