Surrounding you with support at a time of loss
Every person reacts differently when losing a loved one. For some, it may be a time to be alone and reflect while others may seek the company of other people.
Grief affects our whole being – physically, emotionally and spiritually. If grief becomes overwhelming and unmanageable for you, Hospice of the Panhandle’s experts will guide you through a grief process that’s best for you.
Hospice of the Panhandle’s Center for Grief Support provides grief support, free of charge, to anyone in Berkeley, Morgan, Jefferson or Hampshire counties who have experienced a loss. Programs and services also are available to support the family and caregivers of hospice patients before and after the death of a loved one.
Our services include:
- Individual counseling for adults, teens, children and families
- Support groups (see calendar for dates and times)
- Educational workshops (see calendar for dates and times)
- Grief literature and educational materials available by request
- Meditation labyrinth that is open to the public and small groups
- Community education and/or consultation to organizations, businesses and schools
- In-services for healthcare professionals
Call us at 304.264.0406 for further information on our grief support programs, to register for a program or to speak with a grief counselor.
Grief support resources
CaringInfo: A website hosted by the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization with information regarding caregiving and grieving.
Helping families with grief support after an overdose: A list selected by our grief counselors that offers a variety of resources from national resources to local meetings, online resources to books that can help someone dealing with the loss of a loved one because of an overdose.