A special program for people living with advanced lung disease
Are you in the advanced stages of lung disease? Breathing Better in the Panhandle can help you manage your symptoms and stay at home, avoiding trips to the emergency room and hospital stays.
Is Breathing Better right for you? Consider these questions:
- Has your doctor said you should focus on being comfortable rather than curing your lung disease?
- Do you experience shortness of breath even when resting?
- Do you make frequent trips to the emergency room for shortness of breath, respiratory illness or dizziness?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be able to get affordable, in-home care through Breathing Better in the Panhandle.
How can Breathing Better help you? We support you to stay at home with:
- Home visits by nurses, home health aides, social workers, chaplains and counselors
- Medications and medical supplies related to controlling your lung disease symptoms
- Training to manage your symptoms so you can feel better and enjoy more quality time with family and friends
- A personalized emergency plan
- Evaluations by an occupational or physical therapist
- Support of volunteers who can help you with light housekeeping and transportation
- 24-hour on-call support
- Full coverage by Medicare, WV Medicaid or most private insurance plans
To learn more about Breathing Better in the Panhandle or to set up a free informational visit, call 304.264.0406.