Bequests and planned gifts
While one-time donations are most thought of when it comes to gift giving, we do offer bequests and planned giving to Hospice of the Panhandle.
What is planned giving?
- Gifts, such as trusts and annuities, that provide income to the donor
- Gifts, such as bequests, that are payable upon the donor’s death
What are the benefits of planned giving?
The benefits of planned giving are both personal and financial. Personally, you can invest in the future of hospice care in the community, ensuring that your family, friends and neighbors will receive the expert end-of-life care they deserve.
The financial benefits include:
- Tax benefits, such as deductions, reducing estate tax for heirs and avoiding capital gains tax on appreciated property
- May provide a fixed or variable income for the donor and donor's beneficiary that may be tax-free
- Can make a large future gift at a small cost
What forms of planned giving are available to me?
Revising your will or adding an addendum to include a charitable gift in the form of cash, stocks or property to Hospice of the Panhandle can continue your impact on thousands of others in the community.
Charitable Annuities and Trusts
There are a variety of charitable trust options available that provide annual income to the donor and additional tax benefits while providing hospice care to others. You may want to talk with your bank's trust officer, accountant, financial planner or estate lawyer for more information about these options for giving.
How do I make a planned gift?
Making a planned gift is quite easy. Talk to your financial advisor and then contact Hospice of the Panhandle at 304.264.0406. We will walk with you every step of the way as you plan for the future of hospice care in the Eastern Panhandle.
Planned Giving Resources
- This simple tool gives the when’s, how’s and why’s of planning a gift.
- This one-page checklist helps you organize your important papers so that you know where they are when you need them.
For more information on planned giving, please contact Maria Lorensen at 304.264.0406 ext. 1225 or [email protected].