The best time to learn about hospice is before you need it.
Hospice Liaisons help individuals and groups in the community learn about the benefits of hospice care before they are faced with a crisis situation.
Liaisons attend a 1.5 hour training class that educates and equips them with the knowledge and resources to share hopsice information to people within their organization, workplace or place of worship.
- Become knowledgeable about hospice care, hospice programs and
related issues, and share this information with their group,
- Act as a bridge between their group and Hospice of the Panhandle,
- Help to dispel the myths about hospice and break down the barriers
people have about using hospice,
- Be available to "walk" with a member of your community group through
the referral process, if needed,
- Be sure that information from Hospice of the Panhandle is distributed
to their group, and
- Help set up programs about hospice or other end-of-life care issues
for their group each year.
For information about a program or to become a liaison
for your organization, workplace, or place of worship.
contact Maria Lorensen, Development Director.
304.264.0406 ext. 1225