Hospice of the Panhandle provides compassionate care to those with life-limiting illness and assists their families and caregivers. We strive to broaden community awareness about the end-of-life experience.
Hospice of the Panhandle will:
- be a leader and innovator in end-of-life and palliative care.
- provide excellent end-of-life and palliative care to all those in need.
At Hospice of the Panhandle, our values guide us. We share a responsibility and commitment to uphold the following values:
Strategic Planning Priorities and
Approved by the Hospice of the Panhandle Board of
Directors on September 23, 2015
Increased awareness results in a broader understanding and acceptance
of end-of-life care as part of the continuum of life
- Assess the community’s current awareness and understanding
of hospice and end-of-life care on an ongoing basis.
- Be known as the experts in the community
regarding end-of-life and palliative care.
- Seek closer, better, relationships with local
Increase the number of people served in the community
the number of patients who have hospice care as soon as they are eligible.
- Match or exceed the national average of deaths
served by hospice in all four counties within 5 years.
facility is fully utilized.
and possibly develop a palliative care program.
Provide the highest quality end-of-life care, services, and facilities
Provide the highest quality
physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual care to our patients, their
families and bereavement clients.
- Create "magnet” standards for hospice and comply
with those standards.
- Meet or exceed national benchmark standards for
overall quality of care.
- Review and expand management interim and long
term succession planning.
- Establish a long range facilities plan.
Ensure that the ability to provide patient care and expand services is
driven by need and not by financial constraint
- Maintain our quality goals regardless of changes
in Medicare and other reimbursement.
- Investigate additional revenue sources.
- Explore opportunities for resource sharing
and/or alliances with other organizations.
- Establish a financial plan that is consistent
with our strategic goals.
Hospice will be a meaningful and satisfying place to work for all staff
- Maintain a positive and supportive work
- Maintain a competitive salary and benefit